Graduate Admissions

Request Information

If you would like to receive detailed information about RIT/NTID in the mail, please complete the form below.

Apply Now

Students applying to any graduate program should complete a graduate application. Deaf and hard-of-hearing graduate applicants must submit an audiogram with their application to qualify for access services.

Master of Science program in Secondary Education of Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing (MSSE)

Students applying to MSSE need to submit:

  • graduate application along with the “personal statement of educational objectives”
  • Official copy of transcript(s) of all undergraduate work as well as any graduate courses you have completed. *Acceptance to the program requires proof of completion of a bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
  • An official copy of your Graduate record Exam (GRE) results, with verbal and quantitative GRE scores in the 50th percentile or better as well as an analytical writing score of 3.5 or better. The official results of graduate admission tests — results that must be verified by the testing agency — are the only parts of your application you do not mail to RIT. Instead, you must arrange for the testing agency to send your test results directly to RIT's Office of Graduate Enrollment Service. RIT's code for ETS reporting is 2760. Please do not include a department code. Applicants should recognize that their performance on the GRE and in their undergraduate studies will be carefully considered by the program admission committee.
  • Resume
  • Two letters of recommendation
  • Content Area/Certification Questionnaire
  • Sign Language Self-Assessment. Applicants must demonstrate a basic knowledge of sign language as measured by a departmental skill assessment or be willing to take the ASL I course at NTID or its equivalent at another college prior to beginning the program.
  • Deaf and hard-of-hearing applicants must also submit an audiogram.

Special arrangements may be made to provisionally accept students who do not yet satisfy these requirements. Such students will be expected to complete these requirements before matriculating into the program.

A request for transfer of graduate credit must be made at the time of application. A maximum of nine semester hours taken within the last five years may be awarded as transfer credit from other institutions. Only a course with a grade of B (3.0) or better may be transferred.

Questions related to MSSE, including scholarship opportunities, should be directed to the NTID Office of Admissions.

For questions related to any other RIT graduate programs, contact the RIT Office of Graduate Enrollment.