ASL Training and Evaluation (ASLTE)
ASL Training and Evaluation (ASLTE) administers two major efforts:
- Faculty and Staff Sign Language program (FSSL)
- Sign Language Proficiency Interview services (SLPI)
for RIT/NTID faculty and staff, NTID Master of Science in Secondary Education students, and other Rochester Institute of Technology faculty, staff, and students as appropriate.
Both the FSSL and SLPI programs are part of NTID's commitment to three fundamental principles:
- basic courtesy in communication with others
- equal access for all regarding the open flow of information within the RIT community
- sensitivity and respect for all cultural and individual differences and the variety of communication approaches
Information and registration for FSSL courses can be found in the FSSL Quick Links menu to the left.
Information on the SLPI can be found in the SLPI:ASL Quick Links menu to the left, and on the NTID SLPI site.