Before you apply
Please check to see if you meet the eligibility criteria below:
- You will be a high school junior or senior in fall 2017.
- You are college bound and in good academic standing.
- You have a hearing loss. To be eligible for admission to the Health Care Careers Exploration Camp (HCCEC), a student must possess a severe to profound hearing loss in both ears. Specifically, a student must demonstrate significant hearing loss across the 500 to 2000 Hz range in each ear as this is the population of deaf and hard-of-hearing students that NTID and the HCCEC program were established to serve.
For us to consider your application, you need to submit the application along with the required four items below.
- An official copy of your high school transcript from 9th grade to the present
- A copy of your unaided audiogram (results without hearing aid or cochlear implant)
- An official copy of your ACT/SAT/PSAT scores (if you have taken any of these tests)
- A short essay indicating why you want to attend this camp and what your long term goals might be in the health care profession.
Complete the online application and click submit, or download and print the application form. Whether you submit your application electronically or download and print it, you need to mail or fax the three required items to the address below. Acceptance into the program is contingent on you submitting the three pieces of required information.
Mail all required documents to:
Rochester Institute of Technology
NTID Health Care Careers Exploration Camp
Lyndon Baines Johnson Hall
52 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, N.Y. 14623-5604
or FAX documents to 585-475-7460.
You are not accepted into the program until we have received and reviewed all of your necessary documents for HCCEC and we send you an official acceptance letter. This is when you will know you're officially an HCCEC participant for summer 2017.
Registration Forms and Payment
After you receive your acceptance letter, please print, complete and send the registration forms to the above address.
Total program fee: $700.
Here's the link to payment options to remit online or submit a check. Be sure to send us the registration forms by mail before the deadline of June 30, 2017.
Questions about program fees or support? Contact us at 585-475-7695 (voice), by videophone at 585-286-4555 or by e-mail at NTIDOutreach@ntid.rit.edu.