Teachers, students and parents often ask for fundraising ideas to help defray the costs of travel to or registration for competitions or camps.
Here are some group fundraising ideas:
- Check with a high school counselor to inquire what other organizations at the school have done to fundraise.
- Burger/Pizza Night Fundraising: ask a local franchise or restaurant to host a fundraising event on a particular date at a specific time. For example, if a parent of a student at the school owns a restaurant, they may allow you to hold a pancake breakfast fundraiser on a weekend morning.
- Greeting card or calendar sale: students make and sell cards/calendars for special events.
- Sell sweatshirts, t-shirts, jewelry, wristbands, or an assortment of those things with school mascot logo.
- Sell cookie dough, popcorn, magazines, chocolate candy bars, carnations, candles.
- Host a bake sale at school or church.
- Have a car wash.
And a few ideas for individual fundraising:
- Offer services in neighborhood such as:
- painting or other labor intensive work
- reach out to local chapters of community organizations such as the Elks Lodge, Lions Club, Rotary Club, etc.
Google "student fundraising ideas" to see what kind of ideas you can discover. One great website example is: Fundraising Ideas