Audiology Center: The Shop
Appointments for on-campus audiological services as well as ENT and eye examinations (for students only) are scheduled in The Shop at the Audiology Center (LBJ-3130; Phone 475-6473 Voice).
When arranging an appointment, please have your class/work schedule available. Appointments are popular, so please be sure to book an appointment promptly as needs arise.
The Shop is open Monday through Friday during the academic year as follows:
- Monday: 9AM - 12PM and 1PM - 4PM
- Tuesday: 9AM - 11AM and 1PM - 4PM
- Wednesday: 9AM - 12PM and 1PM - 4PM
- Thursday: 9AM - 11AM and 1PM - 4PM
- Friday: 9AM - 12PM and 1PM - 4PM
Hours for On-Call Audiology Support for the Spring 2017 semester are as follows:
- Monday: 9AM - 12PM
- Tuesday: 9AM - 11AM
- Wednesday: 10AM - 12PM and 1PM - 2PM
- Thursday: 9AM - 11AM and 3PM - 4PM
- Friday: 9AM - 12PM and 3PM - 4PM
Hours are subject to change during special RIT events, final exam weeks, break weeks, and summer.
Special end-of-semester hours and dates are posted here.
Walk-In Technical Support
There is a technician available during The Shop's open business hours throughout the academic year.
The following technical support services can be provided in The Shop on a first-come, first-served basis:
- Basic troubleshooting of cochlear implants and hearing aids
- Earmold modification and tube replacement
- Sale of batteries, testers, and assistive devices
- Sale of cochlear implant replacement parts
On-Call Audiology Support
NTID Communication Studies and Services audiologists are available in The Shop for several hours each week to answer your audiological questions. No appointment is necessary. On-call schedules vary each semester and are posted online and outside the Shop window.
In addition to walk-in technical support, on-call audiologists can also provide the following services in The Shop:
- Extensive troubleshooting of cochlear implants and hearing aids
- Programming of loaner hearing aids
- Pairing of accessories to cochlear implants and hearing aids
- Impressions for earmolds, ITE hearing aids, custom ear protectors, and swim plugs
For further information about the services offered through the Audiology Center, please contact:
(585) 475-6473 V
(585) 475-7910 Fax