Giving to RIT/NTID
You can be part of making great things happen, now and in the future.
NTID is the world leader in preparing deaf and hard of hearing students for high-tech careers. You can choose to direct your gift toward a student scholarship, academics or research. What will you choose?
NTID offers you many opportunities to make a difference in the lives of deaf and hard-of-hearing students from the United States and around the world. Your gift could help fund a scholarship, help a high school student attend one of NTID's college preparation summer camp programs like Explore Your Future, or provide a student with an opportunity to participate in a study abroad experience. With gifts like these and many others, you can make great things happen.
Make a gift online — it’s convenient, quick and eliminates the need for envelopes, stamps or checks. Your gift starts working for RIT/NTID right away and is considered tax-deductible.
Some popular designations to consider donating to include:
- The NTID Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship Fund: Provides important financial aid to deaf and hard-of-hearing students at RIT/NTID who need it most.
- Robert F. Panara Endowed Scholarship Fund: Established in 1987, this scholarship honors the life work of NTID's first deaf professor, Dr. Robert F. Panara, and his 20 years of dedication to teaching and to the welfare of NTID students. Awards are made to students with a high degree of financial need.
- NTID Summer "Campership" Fund: Gifts here provide the resources needed to allow deaf youth to participate in summer camp programs on the RIT/NTID campus that will help them prepare for success in college and beyond.
- Jennifer Van Atta Hayes Memorial Endowed Scholarship: Established in 2014 in memory of Jennifer Van Atta Hayes, a top NTID interpreter who dedicated her career to facilitating communication access for the deaf students she so diligently served. Proceeds from this fund support deaf students participating in study abroad experiences, and interpreting students participating in study aboard mentorship experiences.
- NTID Foundation Endowed Scholarship: Established by NTID as a means of accumulating unrestricted earnings to support various institutional needs such as student scholarships.
If you don’t see your preferred scholarship, please view our comprehensive scholarship list.
Thank you for supporting RIT/NTID students through your scholarship gift. If you are interested in establishing a scholarship, please contact Bryan Hensel, senior director of Development & Special Funding, 585-475-6222