Scholarship support is vital to many of the outstanding young men and women who study at NTID. Your gift to scholarship financial aid at NTID will be invaluable in helping forge the next generation of deaf and hard-of-hearing leaders.
Here’s why your gift to scholarships at NTID is especially impactful:
- The average RIT/NTID student graduates with $11,000 in debt. Scholarship support helps reduce this burden.
- One in four RIT/NTID students comes from a family with an annual income of less than $30,000.
- At RIT/NTID, 45% of students receive PELL grants. This means these students come from families with very limited financial means.
- State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) aid has not kept pace with the rising cost of a college education.
- The number of RIT/NTID students having to take on loans to pay for their education has increased 37% over the past five years.
- AT RIT/NTID, all gifts to endowed scholarships are matched dollar-for-dollar by the federal government. The match will double the impact of your support.
To help the University’s mission to make a RIT/NTID education accessible to those who want to attend, here’s a listing of endowed scholarships that are worthy of your gifts.