Working Together: Deaf and Hearing People A Workshop for Employers
If you have hired deaf or hard-of-hearing employees in your organization, or if that’s an area you want to explore, Working Together: Deaf and Hearing People is an excellent resource for you. This two-and-one-half-hour, award-winning workshop is conducted by employment professionals from the NTID Center on Employment to help create a workplace environment for both deaf and hearing workers that encourages communication and helps all employees realize their full potential.
Through hands-on activities, small group discussions and specially designed materials, the workshop presenters will create a fun, comfortable and engaging atmosphere in which these topics will be covered:
- Understanding Hearing Loss
- Communication on the Job
- Strategies to Help You Integrate Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Employees into the Workplace
- Accommodations for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Employees
Who should attend Working Together?
- Supervisors or co-workers of deaf and hard-of-hearing employees
- Human resource staff and recruiters
- Equal employment opportunity, diversity and disability hiring professionals
Request a workshop
To inquire about on-site workshops or tailoring training to your organization's needs, contact the NTID Center on Employment at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at585-475-6219 (voice/videophone), by fax at 585-475-7570 or fill out our online request form here