Company Name: Workforce Recruitment Program
Position: Co-op, Permanent
Start Date: Flexible
Location(s):: Various Locations
Job Description for Various
The WRP is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs. Annually, trained WRP recruiters from federal agencies conduct personal interviews with interested candidates on college and university campuses across the country. Candidates represent all majors, and range from college freshmen to graduate students and law students. Information from these candidate interviews is compiled in a searchable database that is available to federal Human Resources Specialists, Equal Employment Opportunity Specialists, and other hiring officials in federal agencies.
WRP interviews for 2015-2016 academic year will be conducted remotely by telecommunications and coordinated through the NTID Center on Employment. Students can apply for WRP opportunities by following the instructions provided below.
Dates of interviews: TBD in late October through mid- November
Event Date:October 27, 2015
Event Location:NTID Center on Employment
The Workforce Recruitment Program for College Students with Disabilities (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal sector employers nationwide with highly motivated postsecondary students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
WRP interviews for the 2015-2016 academic year will be conducted remotely by telecommunications. The official interview dates are to be determined.
Job Requirements for Various
To be eligible you must:
- Have a disability
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be currently enrolled in a degree program on a full-time time basis OR
- Have graduated with a degree NO EARLIER THAN OCT. 2014
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BELOW CAREFULLY -- IN ORDER:
ALL DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING STUDENTS AND GRADUATES OF RIT MUST SELECT NATIONAL TECHNICAL INSTITUTE FOR THE DEAF (NTID) AS THEIR "SCHOOL ATTENDED" AND "INTERVIEW LOCATION" ON THE REGISTRATION AND APPLICATION FORM FOR WRP. DO NOT SELECT RIT. This will insure that you are on the correct interview schedule and the appropriate accommodations will be provided.
1. Register on the WRP website: https://wrp.gov/registerstudent.
Deadline to Register is October 16, 2015. Deadline to submit application and required documents is October 19.
2. After registering, you will receive an email with a link to the on-line application process, a password and further instructions. You must fully complete and submit the application form including the required documentation: resume, unofficial transcript and Schedule A letter.
- Your unofficial transcript can be obtained from SIS/PeopleSoft.
- Please contact your NCE Employment Advisor for your Schedule A letter
- Upon completion, you will receive an email from WRP that your application has been successfully submitted.
3. Contact NCE to reserve an interview date and time when your application is complete and all required documentation has been provided. You can stop by the NCE office at 60-2809 to sign up for a VP/VRS or captioned telephone interview time or email Lorie Fidurko at email@example.com. **NOTE: You must participate in an interview to be considered for WRP opportunities.
Contact your NCE Employment Advisor for any questions on the WRP registration, application and interview process.
Candidates should apply directly by sending: