Company Name: Workforce Recruitment Program
Start Date: Flexible
Location(s):: Various Locations
Job Description for Various
The Workforce Recruitment Program for College Students with Disabilities (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects Federal sector employers nationwide with highly motivated postsecondary students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs. Co-sponsored by the Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the Department of Defense with the participation of many other federal agencies and sub-agencies, the WRP has provided employment opportunities for over 5,500 students since 1995.
WRP interviews for 2014-2015 academic year will be conducted remotely by telecommunications.
Dates of interviews: TBD in October or early November
Employment opportunities, including co-op, are available for all majors in various locations throughout the U.S. for all majors, all degree levels. U.S. citizenship is required.
Job Requirements for Various
To be eligible you must:
- Have a disability
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be currently enrolled in a degree program on a full time basis OR
- Have graduated with a degree NO EARLIER THAN OCT. 2013
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BELOW CAREFULLY -- IN ORDER:
1. Register on the WRP website: https://wrp.gov/registerstudent.
ALL DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING STUDENTS AT RIT MUST SELECT NATIONAL TECHNICAL INSTITUTE FOR THE DEAF (NTID) AS THEIR "SCHOOL ATTENDED" AND "INTERVIEW LOCATION" ON THE REGISTRATION AND APPLICATION FORM FOR WRP. DO NOT SELECT RIT.
2. After registering, you will receive an email with a link to the on-line application process, a password and further instructions. You must fully complete and submit the application form including the required documentation: resume, unofficial transcript and Schedule A letter.
- Your unofficial transcript can be obtained from SIS/PeopleSoft.
- Please contact your NCE Employment Advisor for your Schedule A letter
- Upon completion, you will receive an email from WRP that your application has been successfully submitted.
3. You will be contacted by NCE to reserve an interview date and time when your application is complete and all required documentation has been provided.
If you have any questions, please contact your NCE Employment Advisor or the NCE office at NTIDCOE@rit.edu.
Candidates should apply directly by sending: