Upcoming Events and Guidelines
The Next Big Ideas are being developed now! Seven teams are hard at work on presentations for Round Two in January. Areas some of the teams are working on include technology that will help improve access to communication, safety and information for deaf and hard-of-hearing people. Here are the team and team names for this year's competition, sponsored for the second year in a row by ZVRS:
- Invisible Captioning — Cory Behm, Daniel Moreno
- S.A.V.E.D. — Casey Jaeger, Chris Fenn, Pierce Hamilton
- Team Champ — Amie Sankoh, Jerrin George, Robert Dooling
- Birdeaf — Tyler Swob, Shane Qualls, Jeremiah Thompson
- Motion Savvy — Jordan Stemper, Wade Kellard, Ryan Hait-Campbell
- Deaf Notes — Brian Johnson-Pasqua, Kyle Blakely
- Vibe — Toby Fitch, Ceasar Jones
January – April
Review meetings with selected finalists to discuss final round of The Next Big Idea Competition.
It is mandatory for majority of team members to participate in the review meetings. Rules for using seed money will be provided at first review meeting. Ideas for using seed money may include:
- Creation of videos/media to market idea.
- Development of prototypes (3-D drawings, models, actual product, etc)
- Creation of actual working applications/models of the product etc.
The Next Big Idea 2013 Finals
The Next Big Idea 2013 finals will be held on Friday, April 26th, 6–9 p.m. in the SDC 1300-1310.
The top three teams will be chosen by a panel of judges which will also include members from ZVRS. Winners will be awarded prizes.