- African American, Latino or Native American high school students who will be in 10th, 11th or 12th grade as of September 2018
- Students who are deaf or hard of hearing
Who is eligible to participate?
What happens at Steps to Success?
- A two-day workshop for high school students
- Mingle and meet other students and deaf professionals at Southern Regional Black Deaf Advocates conference (SRBDA) who share a similar cultural background
- Learn how to prepare for college and beyond
- Meet with deaf and hard-of-hearing professionals from NTID and SRBDA
What is the cost of the program?
- Travel assistance is provided to students who reside in the following states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
How do I register?
- You can register online here: Steps to Success Registration Form.
When does the program start and end?
- Program will start Friday, July 13, 2018 and end on the morning of Sunday, July 15th. For travel planning purposes, students can arrive to Raleigh as soon as NOON on Thursday, July 12, 2018.
Will meals be provided?
- Yes, meals will be provided starting Thursday evening.
- Please make sure you fill out any food allergy information on the online registration form.
Will sign language interpreting services be provided?
- Yes, we will be providing access services such as interpreters for all the workshops and activities for students. Please make a note of desired accommodations when completing online registration.