Tuition & Financial Aid


Where can I learn about undergraduate admissions criteria?
The NTID Office of Admissions provides admissions information and materials as well as an online application. Get answers to frequently asked questions about the admissions process. For additional questions email us.
I've already taken ASL courses. How will they transfer to NTID?

If you already know some ASL, when you arrive for orientation, your ASL skills will be assessed by a Deaf instructor. You will then be placed in the appropriate course for your ASL ability. Any previous ASL coursework will then be transferred to NTID. Most previously taken ASL courses will be transferred to the major or as general education electives.

It is important to note that the ASL courses and the interpreting courses are sequential. Regardless of how many transfer credits you bring in, if you start the program at ASL I, II or III, it will be a 4–year program; if you start the program at ASL IV or V, it will be a 3-year program.

Who leads NTID?

Dr. Gerard Buckley is the NTID President and RIT Vice President and Dean. He has more than 30 years of experience in higher education, including more than 20 years serving in a variety of capacities at NTID. Learn more about President Buckley here.

Private university education. Public university price.

Tuition Comparison

Because RIT receives special federal support for deaf and hard-of-hearing students, those students benefit from a private university education at a public university price. Deaf and hard-of-hearing students pay about one-third of RIT's regular tuition rate. The reduced cost makes RIT/NTID a truly exceptional value!

Deaf and hard-of-hearing students in NTID academic degree programs as well as deaf and hard-of-hearing students enrolled in any of the other eight colleges of RIT pay the reduced tuition rates. Reduced rates also apply to all students (deaf, hard-of-hearing and hearing) in NTID's ASL-English Interpretation and MSSE programs.

Scholarships, grants and loans also are available to help you pay for an RIT education. You may also be eligible to receive additional funding resources from your state's Vocational Rehabilitation office. VR works with college-bound deaf and hard-of-hearing students to help them get the education they need for career success. For more information on the financial resources available to students and their families, see the RIT/NTID Financial Aid and Scholarships brochure.