What information do I have to send to my VR counselor every semester?
You need to send a copy of your financial aid award letter, class schedule, student bill, book list and grades.
When should I apply?
If you’re interested in applying to the American Sign Language-English Interpretation (ASLIE) program, there are two application deadlines for you to consider:
- Early Decision: If you submit all application materials by December 1, you will receive notification of an admission decision by January 15. (Early decision is available to freshman applicants only)
- Regular Decision: If you submit all application materials by February 1, you will receive notification of an admission decision by March 15. (Regular decision is available for freshman and transfer students)
Note: The Regular Decision deadline is February 1. Incomplete applications after February 1 may not be reviewed for admission.
Can I begin the ASLIE program at RIT/NTID any time during the academic year?
The American Sign Language-English Interpretation program follows a sequential course plan, including ASL I-VII and core interpreting courses. Because this course sequence begins in the fall semester, you are not permitted to begin the program during the spring or summer semesters.
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) provides services to individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing or to those who have disabilities and who need help to qualify for or to find a job. VR may assist with vocational training or college. VR services may include financial assistance, employment planning, counseling, transportation, and job placement assistance. A VR counselor, who determines eligibility for services, is assigned to each individual requesting assistance. States have various names for VR, and services vary depending on need and the state in which a student lives.
If you have questions about VR related to RIT/NTID, please contact the NTID Student Financial Services office.
VR resources for:
Prospective Students and Parents
- Frequently Asked Questions about Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- VR Appeal Guidelines
- State-by-State Directory of VR Agencies
- What does it cost? (Domestic)
- What does it cost? (International)