NTID Office of Student Financial Services
The NTID Office of Student Financial Services plays a unique role with financial matters in assisting deaf and hard-of-hearing students as well as students enrolled in the ASL-English interpretation program and Master of Science program in secondary education of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Here are some of the main services we provide:
- Support deaf and hard-of-hearing students and their families with the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) process
- Select recipients for NTID private and/or endowed scholarships
- Help students with eServices questions – this portal is for enrolled students, which provides individualized academic, billing, and financial aid information.
- Direct students to the appropriate departments/programs for problem resolution as necessary.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (OFAS) for assistance on these topics:
- How to apply for financial aid programs
- Identifying sources of financial aid to help meet the cost of attendance
- How financial aid eligibility is determined
- Requirements for financial aid programs
The OFAS is responsible for awarding as well as administration of all need-based federal, state and institutional aid (i.e. grants, loans and work-programs). The OFAS has dedicated staff members with experience in every aspect of financial aid administration and who are specifically designated for deaf and hard-of-hearing students as well as students enrolled in the ASL-English interpretation program and Master of Science program in secondary education of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
The primary contact for students is:
Alicia Johnson, Assistant Director
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships