For each sentence below, identify the logical subject of the highlighted infinitive. A question appears after each sentence to help guide your choice. Indicate your choice by clicking on one of the two or three choices provided. The choice "OTHER" refers to someone not mentioned in the sentence but who might be understood, within a particular context, to be the logical subject of the infinitive.1. The technical writer asked the logic designer to make an outline.
Who will make an outline?
The technical writer The logic designer OTHER
2. The design team manager decided to change the procedure.
Who will change the procedure?
The design team manager OTHER
3. The systems integrator was told by the project manager to prepare a report.
Who will prepare a report?
The systems integrator The project manager OTHER
4. To reach the information systems manager, the database expert had to call back in the afternoon.
Who needed to reach someone?
The information systems manager The database expert OTHER
5. The systems analyst was asked by the tester what to say to the developer.
Who needs to say something?
The systems analyst The tester The developer
6. The maintenance crew showed the assembler where to discard the parts.
Who will discard the parts
The maintenance crew The assembler OTHER
7. The manufacturing manager was ordered to fire the quality control expert.
Who will do the firing?
The manufacturing manager The quality control expert OTHER
8. The researcher told the designer to abandon the plan.
Who will abandon the plan?
The researcher The designer. OTHER
9. The hardware technician called the company librarian to borrow some manuals.
Who borrowed some manuals?
The hardware technician The company librarian. OTHER
10. The software engineer told the applications programmer what to look for.
Who will look for something?
The software engineer The applications programmer OTHER
11. The applications analyst promised the systems programmer to develop a strategy.
Who will develop a strategy?
The applications analyst The systems programmer. OTHER
12. The product manager advised the design engineer to develop a new system.
Who would develop a new system?
The product manager The design engineer OTHER
13. The inspector asked the technician how to locate the problem.
Who needs to locate the problem?
The inspector The technician OTHER
14. The service representative telephoned the contract programmer in order to explain the problem.
Who explained the problem?
The service representative The contract programmer OTHER
15. The software products manager said to send a letter to the company.
Who will send a letter?
The software products manager The company OTHER
16. The hardware engineer was asked by the equipment engineer to advise the team.
Who will do the advising?
The hardware engineer The equipment engineer The team
17. In order to hire a consultant, the systems support specialist submitted a request to the department manager.
Who needed to hire someone?
A consultant The systems support specialist The department manager
18. The circuit designer explained what to do with the old circuit.
Who will do something with the old circuit?
The circuit designer OTHER
19. The customer asked to describe the problem to the technical support specialist.
Who will describe the problem?
The customer the technical support specialist
20. The computer systems auditor persuaded the local area network manager to investigate the complaint.
Who investigated the complaint?
The computer systems auditor The local area network manager