Each of the topic sentences below is poorly written. A pull-down menu after each sentence lists the following possible problems with the topic sentence:Too general
Select the problem that you think best characterizes the topic sentence. After you make your selection, an answer box at the bottom of the page will give you feedback.1. I like tennis.
2. This paragraph will discuss the benefits of a healthy diet.
3. The Subaru Forester has a 150-horsepower engine.
4. There are several reasons why you should drink eight glasses of water every day.
5. Winters are cold in New England.
6. People shouldn't smoke.
7. Monolingual dictionaries have one language, and bilingual dictionaries have two languages.
8. There are many people in Boston.
9. Point-and-shoot cameras made after 1990 use 35mm film.
10. You can purchase French perfumes in expensive blue crystal bottles.
11. Winter is a good season.
12. I will tell you how to refinish an antique.