Each item below offers a choice, in a pull-down menu, of three connectives for expressing an oppositional or contrastive relationship. For each numbered item, select the connective that best fits in the sentence. After you select a connective, an answer box at the bottom of the page will give you feedback.1. U.S. airlines laid off a lot of employees last fall, they are beginning to hire some of those people back now.
2. I would agree that she is a very good student; , I don't think I would recommend her for the advanced calculus course.
3. Tom is an excellent horseback rider, , his brother Mike prefers racing cars.
4. you change your approach and start to study, or you will be suspended.
5. Grocery stores tend to have a limited selection of pet foods, pet stores which have a huge variety of different brands.
6. You can usually get what you need at a corner store they tend to have much less variety than the bigger grocery stores.
7. Choice is often limited at a corner store. , large grocery stores usually offer a huge variety of all kinds of goods.
8. I'm sure I've seen her before, I cannot remember her name.
9. Florida citrus growers had a record year several frosts in the late spring.
10. I'm really too tired to finish this project tonight; , I have to.
11. My cousin joined a county club the cost.