- African American, Latino or Native American high school students who will be in 10th, 11th or 12th grade as of September 2018
- Students who are deaf or hard of hearing
Who is eligible to participate?
What happens at Steps to Success?
- A four-day workshop for high school students
- Mingle and meet other students and deaf professionals at Southern Regional Black Deaf Advocates conference (SRBDA) who share a similar cultural background
- Learn how to prepare for college and beyond
- Meet with deaf and hard-of-hearing professionals from NTID and SRBDA
What is the cost of the program?
- Travel assistance is provided to students who reside in the following states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
How do I register?
- You can register online here: Steps to Success Registration Form.
When does the program start and end?
- Program will start Thursday evening, July 12, 2018 and end on the morning of Sunday, July 15th. For travel planning purposes, students can arrive to NC late afternoon/early evening Thursday, July 12, 2018.
Will meals be provided?
- Yes, meals will be provided starting Thursday evening.
- Please make sure you fill out any food allergy information on the online registration form.
Will sign language interpreting services be provided?
- Yes, we will be providing access services such as interpreters for all the workshops and activities for students. Please make a note of desired accommodations when completing online registration.