Construction and Maintenance of costumes used for the NTID Production season. Students are also responsible to help maintain the Costume Shop, shop tools and equipment and costume storage areas. All interested students must contact Erin Auble and fill out a Costume Shop application.
Students are asked to perform any of the following tasks:
- Sew/construct costumes
- Assist with actor fittings
- Do alterations of existing costumes
- Participate in costume craft projects (i.e. mask making)
- Dye fabric to be used in costumes
- General maintenance and organization of shop, shop tools, stock areas and dressing rooms.
- Students with a car may have opportunities to shop for costumes in the community
- Advanced students may be asked to draft and cut out patterns
- And assist in design process (i.e. small projects.)
Qualifications/Special Skills Required:
No experience is necessary to apply. Students must have a positive work attitude and be willing to learn some sign and work with and for deaf colleagues.
Qualifications/Special Skills Preferred:
NTID Costume shop is committed to providing employment opportunities to D/deaf and hard of hearing students. All students, male and female are encouraged to apply. However, preference will be given to students with signing skills and/or previous sewing experience, although no experience is necessary to apply.